Home » About
Us » Products, Processes & Services »
Application of Machines »
Machines or Tube End Forming Machine » Articles &
Swaging Machines or Tube End Forming Machine
Articles & Resources
a tube end forming method
Your company has opportunity of providing a tube assembly, but it need end
forming-a capability you don't have. With an Internet search for "tube
end forming" leading to range of options, how do you sort through them?
The first aspect is focusing on function of tubes to be reshaped and not on
forming method. This can lead you to select end forming method that
optimizes part cost, particularly if opportunity involves new part. The ways
to form tube end boils down to a few basic methods, hence understanding
their capabilities as well as limitations are also critical towards
selecting best processes for particular part. Thinking about creative ways
to employ the process also helps in improving product performance as well as
bring reduction in process costs.
Further, with basic end forming methods are segmented as per
Here, the latter three have specific advantages in terms of
- Tool sizing
- Ram forming
- Rotary forming
- Roll forming
- Working around circumference of tube, especially where sharp angles
as well as radical diameter changes need working tube more gradually
- The first two work whole circumference at one time
- While they provide a quicker forming cycle, they are limited in their
range of applications.
The article focuses on applications where segmented tool sizing as well
as Ram forming are optimal methods, typically high-volume production for
basic tube end forms.
Here, Fabricators who require end forming frequently ask many of same
- Is the project part or an assembly of parts?
- What does formed tube need to do?
- Are all of part's features necessary?
- Does the current design already assume a specific forming method?
Can we make changes to mating parts?
- Can I achieve the same result with fewer parts?
- Can material accommodate the necessary amount of deformation?
- If so, what is the best way to work material to achieve the end form?
- Is tube seamless, or does it have a weld seam?
- What are the tolerances and the cosmetic requirements according to
Here, the tube alloy and production process plays important role
regarding part design and forming method.
Home | About
Us | Product Range | Santec Team | Why
Choose Santec | Quality | Our
Clients | FAQ's | Factory
Tour | Site Map | Media
Gallery | Contact Us | Send